httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VIS <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject AW: AW: AW: [Patch] Keep Alive not workwing with mod_proxy (PR38602)
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:37:39 GMT

Which makes sense to me. Why have more than one connection per worker
on a prefork processes that can only handle one request at a time?
As the current connection pool mechanism is limited to share connections
within the same process and not over all processes it is quite clear
that prefork suffers a lot from this approach and the real benefit only
shows up with a threaded MPM that has not "too much" processes. Whatever
"too much" means.

Regards

Rüdiger