httpd-dev mailing list archives

From CASTELLE Thomas <tcaste...@generali.fr>
Subject RE: Apache proxy behaviour...
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:02:01 GMT
Well, I think increasing the proxy timeout isn't a good idea on a
reverse-proxy in a production environment as it quickly monopolize, when one
of the proxied webservers badly crash, a huge amount of httpd process
waiting for this timeout to occur ...

Anyway, even if the Apache timeout is increased, Firewalls or browsers don't
like idle TCP/IP session either... without speaking of the users ;-)

Regarding my problem, I tried to disable every modules (except mod_proxy of
course), and it still doesn't work...

It seems to confirm what Rüdiger said...

  _____

De : TOKILEY@aol.com [mailto:TOKILEY@aol.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 2 février 2006 16:48
À : dev@httpd.apache.org
Cc : TOKILEY@aol.com
Objet : Re: Apache proxy behaviour...

There is no such thing as an intermediate proxy that has any kind

of 'filtering' going on that won't, on some occasions, need to 'buffer'

some data. I believe even mod_include will 'wait' for tags to resolve

if they split across buffers.

The real questions to ask is...

Why is the proxy timing out? ( I.e. Why isn't it getting the rest of the
data? )

If something is always taking a huge amount of time to come up with

the response then you just need to speed it up or increase your

proxy timeout.

Yours...

Kevin Kiley

In a message dated 2/2/2006 7:14:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,