httpd-dev mailing list archives

From CASTELLE Thomas <tcaste...@generali.fr>
Subject Apache proxy behaviour...
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:13:03 GMT
Hi there,

I came with a problem which surprise me, as I thought Apache was working
differently...

We have Apache 2.0.55 working in reverse-proxy in front of different
webservers.

One of our website takes a long time to process requests and respond to
the client. The proxy reaches its timeout and closes the connection.

So, our developers created a webpage which sends small chunks of data so
that the connection is never closed.

I thought it would work as, for me, apache don't wait for the page to be
complete before sending some chunks to the client... but instead it does
!

In our configuration, Apache waits to have the entire page before
sending it back to the client. Is it because of one of our module ? We
are using, among other things, mod_rewrite, mod_proxy, mod_deflate,
mod_security, mod_headers...

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Thomas.