httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r374754 - in /httpd/site/trunk: docs/ docs/mod_smtpd/ docs/modules/ xdocs/ xdocs/mod_smtpd/ xdocs/modules/
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 22:16:33 GMT
On 2/3/06, soc-rian@apache.org <soc-rian@apache.org> wrote:

> +    <tt>mod_smtpd</tt> started it's life as a 2005 Google Summer of Code
project
with
It continues
> +    its life being developed and maintained by Rian Hunter with help from the httpd
> +    developers.

Ok, now we're seeing this both in the mod_mbox and mod_smtpd web
pages.  This is supposed to be a community project, ASF projects don't
have lead developers, and they don't generally go out of their way to
assign credit like this, that's normally kept to the CHANGES file and
the svn commit logs.  Putting this sort of thing on the web pages
seems quite inappropriate to me.

-garrett