httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Outch, a few problems for 2.0/2.2
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:57:38 GMT
On 2/2/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> Finally vpath + symlink builds were broken, there is a set of patches
> over on http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/ named fixbuild-n.n.patch where
> -n.n is -2.0 & -0.9, -2.2 & -1.2, and -2.3 & 1.3 for the corresponding
> httpd and apr-util versions.  The patches;
>
>   * ensure we don't look for srclib/apr*** directories, but simply the
>     file contained within.

Seems reasonable to me...

>   * avoid looking from apr-util to ../apr, since on symlinked environments
>     in solaris this can be erronious.

+1

>   * ensure we don't bomb on vpath builds looking for .h files in both the
>     source and vpath target trees (because they don't exist in both).

Consistently looking in one place seems reasonable.

>   * properly check if we are vpath'ing for apr-util/xml/expat, creating that
>     directory in the vpath target, and introduce the syntax --with-expat=builtin
>     to resolve the ambiguity that vpath builds of the builtin expat introduces.

Again, working in vpath builds is a good thing ;-)

>   * never configure apr-iconv from apr-util.  Since we won't configure apr
>     from apr-util this was inconsistent.

Assuming you mean buildconf, not configure, +1, I was surprised we did
this at all.  AFAICT the patches don't have anything to do with
running apr-iconv's configure.

In general the APR part of these patches looks reasonable to me,
although I haven't actually tested them.  Didn't look at the httpd
side though.

-garrett