httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [Patch] Keep Alive not workwing with mod_proxy (PR38602)
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:36:26 GMT

On Feb 13, 2006, at 11:22 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> This, I think provides a clue: I'm guessing we are trying
> to optimize the client-Apache link, at the expense of
> opening/closing sockets to the backend, or wasting
> those sockets. If we had a nice connection pool, then
> it would be different...

Giving this some very quick thought, I wonder if
this is associated with that bug you and I squashed
awhile ago: there is no guarantee that the next
kept-alive connection will go to the same backend;
as such, keeping it open is wasteful and re-using
it is downright wrong. We need to look to make sure
that there are sufficient checks that this doesn't
happen, and that might be the reason the current
behavior exists...