httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpd-trunk with MSIE (async read broken?) and AJP problems was Re: httpd-trunk sucking CPU on ajax
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:42:58 GMT

On 02/27/2006 09:35 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 11:55:31PM -0800, Sander Temme wrote:

> Also, we're getting reports that IE clients on Windows consistently get
> 408s (server timeout) immediately from httpd.  Some users with Safari and
> Firefox can see this problem occassionally, but MSIE triggers it a good
> portion of the time.

Is this only with https or also with http?

> Coupled with the EOR brokenness (infinite loop?), this sounds like the
> async-read code is severely busted.  Either we should fix it, or we need to
> revert it.  =)

Do we really have the async read code on trunk? Maybe I missed some commits, but
I thought that we only have the async write stuff in the trunk.

> There are also still problems with proxy code corrupting data from the AJP
> side of things.  See:

> for the infrastructure issue open for this.  We were at 2.2.0 but the proxy
> code is just not working right.  We confirmed network traces that Tomcat is
> sending the right bits back, but httpd is corrupting data near the end of
> the AJP send_body_chunk responses such that the client sees junk.

I saw in in jira ticket that you updated to trunk on ajax. Which revision is
running on trunk?

> My initial thought was that the we could have an issue with the transient
> buckets, but when I switched them to be a heap bucket - the corruption
> continued.  Only when I did the SSL flush patch did the corruption largely

I don't think that transient buckets matter on prefork, but I think that they become
a problem with Event MPM and async write. So if you have this patch still at hand
I think it will be a good idea to commit it.

Regards

RĂ¼diger