httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpd-trunk with MSIE (async read broken?) and AJP problems was Re: httpd-trunk sucking CPU on ajax
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:48:19 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 11:55:31PM -0800, Sander Temme wrote:
>

>>Issues.apache.org, which is running trunk or something very close to
>>it to debug the JIRA issues, has some child processes sucking extreme
>>quantities of CPU. For instance:
>>

>Also, we're getting reports that IE clients on Windows consistently get
>408s (server timeout) immediately from httpd.  Some users with Safari and
>Firefox can see this problem occassionally, but MSIE triggers it a good
>portion of the time.
>
>Coupled with the EOR brokenness (infinite loop?), this sounds like the
>async-read code is severely busted.  Either we should fix it, or we need to
>revert it.  =)

I recommend reverting it, unless someone else has time to look at it in
the near future.
I haven't been able to look at the async code in a few weeks due to
other schedule
commitments, and I expect that will be the case for a few more weeks.

I'll revert the code on the trunk this evening (though if anybody wants
to do so earlier,
no problem).

Brian