httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Win32 Port of Apache 2.2?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:11:53 GMT
Fenlason, Josh wrote:
> Where are the 2.2.x windows source files?  I see
> httpd-2.2.0-win32-src-rev2.zip.  I've successfully built with these, but
> sure didn't feel like an "official" source release.  (I can't remember
> for sure what issues I had with it since I last built over a month ago.)

Because it didn't build?  Big surprise, didn't build well for me either.
A given release has no warrenty.

> If it is "official", shouldn't the "rev2" be removed from the file name?

Because it is not virgin httpd-2.2.0 build scripts.  Those didn't work at all.
This needs to be absolutely clear, and since you doubted that it was a virgin
package, it had the desired effect.

When Apache declares some tarball 2.2.0 released, it never changes.  It won't
change until a 2.2.1 is released.  And 2.2.1 has not been released due to bugs
that affect *ALL* platforms, not just your preferred platform.

> And why not display them here, http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi,
> with the Unix sources instead of making people dig for them?  Thanks.

Now that's a very productive suggestion, thanks!

Bill