httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Win32 Port of Apache 2.2?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 21:28:38 GMT
Fenlason, Josh wrote:
> Or how about official 2.2 windows source files to start with?

They've been there how many months now?  Help yourself to another cup
of coffee :)

http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/

>>From: Warren Lewis [mailto:Warren.Lewis@sas.com]
>>
>>Hi!
>>
>>I too am wondering when 2.2 binaries will be available?
>>Any news?

News is someday, soon, the HTTP developers will decide 2.2.1 is baked, and
tag and roll it with numerous changes to the proxy layer (and load balancing
fixes as well), along with other new quirks and bugs that appeared in 2.2.0.
At that point I'll have the enthusiasm to roll binaries for a version that
is actually the "best version of Apache available" ;-)

In all seriousness, the proxy fix and load balancer fix discussions seem
to be coming full circle to a conclusion, so with luck that someday soon is
likely to be within the next two weeks or so, is my guess.

Bill