httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: svn commit: r378394 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/aaa/mod_auth.h
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 23:59:19 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 02/18/2006 11:46 PM, David Reid wrote:
>> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>>> So please revert or fix.
>>
>> Why are people so quick to ask for reversion these days?
>
> Please note that I said revert *or* fix.
> I fully understand (not in technical detail) the trouble you have with the reworked
> parts of the auth system. Although I know that this is not required, I like to see
> the trunk at least compilable without further patches to continue other work on it.
> I also appreciate your work on cleaning out the bugs and problems on the reworked
> auth code, but if this takes commits that make the code somewhat uncompilable please
> open a branch and merge it once your work is finished. I think this would satisfy
> everybody's needs.

Nothing personal, just that people seem mmore willing to shout "revert"
than to look and fix it. You did do that - so apologies if it sounded
like I was having a go. :-)

My biggest complaint is the lack of documentation or attempt at
documentation of the revised config. I'm more than willing to try the
new code and new config options, but if I can't find anything that tells
me how to make the change it's hard. Auth config has never been the
easiest thing in the first place. It seems that every time about how to
make the changes I ask I'm just told to "use the compat module". Are
people trying to move things along or not?

>> I've just committed a change that should make it build on your system.
>
> Yes, this fixes it. Thank you very much for doing so.

np. Apologies for it taking so long.