httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject auth in trunk is fubar
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 01:01:51 GMT
Had some problems getting a working auth config to let me spend time
developing on svn's authz module - when I tried 2.2 the exact same
config worked without a problem first time out of the box.

Houston, I think trunk's auth code is fubar.

Config is as follows,

<Location "/repos">
    DAV svn
    SVNParentPath "/home/david/repos"

    AuthzSVNAccessFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/svn_access

    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Subversion repository"
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/svn_users
    Satisfy any

    <LimitExcept GET OPTIONS PROPFIND REPORT>
        Require valid-user
    </LimitExcept>
</Location>

Simple GET requests result in a password dialog! with a higher level of
output I see that the initial GET request is returned as OK, but it
moves onto asking for a password anyways.

david