httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] Keep Alive not workwing with mod_proxy (PR38602)
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:25:38 GMT

On 02/13/2006 05:22 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> This looks like a big change, and my only concern is

This is why I discuss it first, before I commit it :-)

> that the behavior changes, although it appears that
> we don't know why the current behavior is the
> way it is...

Then we should either find out or adjust it to the behaviour
that we think is correct as the current behaviour doesn't seem to be.

> Not sure why we would bother still having that !backend
> check, since we know it's NULL. We set it to NULL :)

Well spotted :-). I missed that. I keep this in mind and will add
it to the patch once we have discussed and cleared the real hard stuff.

> And this also seems to allude to the fact that the
> present framework is to support pooled connections.
> Not sure how the above would conflict with subrequests

Good question. Does anybody remember why the old code insisted of having a
fresh connection by all means for a subrequest?

> Does the patched version pass the test framework?

Have not checked so far. I did not manage to get the test framework running on
my box so far. Can someone who has it running give it a try? That would be
very nice.

Regards

RĂ¼diger