httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: [Patch] Keep Alive not workwing with mod_proxy (PR38602)
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:22:21 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Yep, and that's why I think we close the connection each time;

umm, I thought the balancer would try to keep the connection open to
backends?  A single client may wind up talking to multiple backend pools
over the course of a connection (/css -> A, /images -> B, etc.).

> we're wasting sockets.

we'd be saving start up time on each socket.

So just to be clear, there is no connection pooling in proxy_balancer,
or is there?  Did I imagine that it was supposed to be?

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer