httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: Upcoming changes in mod_mbox repository
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:45:10 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 2/10/06, Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazzoni@bulix.org> wrote:
>> Okkaay. Please read again my paragraph. Now please read the STATUS
>> file. The current automake setup *works*, and migrating to the same
>> build system than httpd is planned. If you don't want any mod_mbox
>> release to go out until I find an fscking large piece of time to
>> understand of to get rid of automake -aka in a very, very long time-,
>> just say that, and I wont bother the list again.
>
> automake doesn't work.  The solution is to revert Paul's commit that
> introduces automake.  (Paul should really be the one doing this - not
> you - since he started this mess and promised that he'd revert it way
> back when.)

If you really want me to revert it I will.  Then we won't have any build
system at all.

Maybe you are forgetting what we had before. A single makefile with
paths hard coded for your home directory.

If you want to convert it to use httpd's build system, no one is
stopping you.

> I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, but if we want to rearrange
> the source trees, then the build system should be fixed too.  automake
> *usually* requires all sources to be in the src/ dir - that's why you
> can't really rearrange the directory layout to make sense without
> first removing automake.  It's a chicken and egg thing.  -- justin

FWIW, Automake doesn't require everything to be in src/, but it seems
you are so tainted against the tool (Hey, I don't exactly love it
either), that it doesn't matter that it currently _does_ work.

-Paul