httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: Change in how to configure authorization
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:58:43 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 1/26/06, Ian Holsman <lists@holsman.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi Joshua:
>>
>>httpd.conf.in has the new structure
>>httpd-std.conf (the one I was looking at) didn't ;(
>

> Hmmm... httpd-std.conf doesn't exist in trunk.

Just ran into this and couldn't quite believe what I was seeing.

I have a similar config on a server and basically unless you're very
careful you end up shutting people out! This change in auth seems to
make no sense to me.

It's adding a lot of complexity to config files. Do we really need to
make this change? Really?

At the very least can someone please document how config files need to
be changed... And no, I don't think having it in a sample config file is
enough.

david