httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pedrica <robby.pedr...@brand-id.co.za>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: proxy failover/load balance
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:54:18 GMT
<head>
</head>
Pl&uuml;m wrote:
 cite="midF6E88684A95CDB4DBBD5B9F4C1C4B09B020EB089@vis01-mx02.vis.internal.vodafone.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-----Urspr&uuml;ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jim Jagielski

On Feb 1, 2006, at 9:02 AM, Pl&uuml;m, R&uuml;diger, VIS wrote:
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">So I am keen on feedback by Robby. I hope to find time to
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">commit these
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">changes to the trunk tonight, so that it works at least in the
cumbersome way :-).

      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I will cut the breaks from the patch to keep the current syntax alive.
The correct syntax should be defined and discussed later.
And of course documented, once there is a decision on that :-).

Regards

R&uuml;diger

  </pre>
Hi Rudiger,<br>
These list entries have been coming think and fast ; ) A little more
info on our setup:<br>
We have two apache 2.2 servers in a heartbeat hot-standby pair, acting
as the proxies. Therefore if one of the proxies goes down, HA switches
requests to the other. So we're actually using a virtual ip between the
2 proxies. The 2 back end servers run apache 1.3 with Intersystems
CACHE and their CSP app server implementation. Requests are basically
sent through a cgi sitting in apache to Cache ...<br>
I'm not sure how to incorporate mod_header as you've indicated but will
have a chat to the programmers tomorrow and see what we can do. Our
requirement from mod_proxy/mod_proxy_balancer is basically to have one
proxy receiving all requests and if it goes down, then switch to the
next proxy, etc.<br>
As per my previous post, I can start apache now with the one worker
disabled. However, the failover is not occurring. I understand this is
very bleeding edge so ... thanks for all the help so far.<br>
Regards<br>
Robby<br>