httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bennett, Tony - CNF" <Bennett.T...@cnf.com>
Subject RE: Problem with apr_time_exp_lt (localtime_r) on AIX
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:21:17 GMT
Lekha,

I wrote the sample program below, and ran it on both AIX 4.3.3 & AIX 5.1
in both threaded and unthreaded mode (xlc vs. xlc_r compiler).
In both cases it returned 138.

#ifdef _THREAD_SAFE
#include <pthread.h>
#endif

#include <stdio.h>
#include <time.h>

main()
{
    struct tm  wk_localtime;
    struct tm *my_localtime;

    time_t  my_time = 2147483647;

    #ifdef _THREAD_SAFE

    memset(&wk_localtime, '\0', sizeof(wk_localtime));
    my_localtime = localtime_r(&my_time, &wk_localtime);

    #else

    my_localtime = localtime(&my_time);
    #endif

    printf("my_localtime->tm_year=%hd\n", my_localtime->tm_year);
}