httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: mod_serf, WAS Re: Serf, WAS: Re: AW: AW: svn commit: r378032
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:19:19 GMT
On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 10:14:37AM -0800, Paul Querna wrote:
> I had some time after watching BSG last night... so I wrote it.
>
> mod_serf:
> http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/serf-stuff/mod_serf.c
>
> It also requires a patch to serf right now:
> http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/serf-stuff/serf-headers-do.patch
>
> It has lots of problems still, but it works for a basic reverse proxy:
>
> <Location />
>    SerfPass http://www.example.com/
> </Location>

I like the idea - but would like to see it take on a few ideas from
mod_dbd. In the SerfPass/ProxyPass situation it would be good to keep a
pool of open connections (and having a way to decide how many). Making a
provider out of it might be good too - I can sertainly see cases where
other modules might want to make http requests without having to go the
proxy way.

vh

Mads Toftum