httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Change in how to configure authorization
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:39:41 GMT
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 08:26:39AM -0700, Brad Nicholes wrote:
> Yes, we do need to make this change.  With the provider based
> rearchitecting of authentication in httpd 2.2, this left authorization
> in an unpredictable state especially when using multiple authorization
> types.  You were never quite sure which one was going to happen first
> and had no way to order them or control them.  With that, there was
> also a growing demand to be able to apply AND/OR logic to the way in
> which authorization is applied.  So basically this change brings
> authorization up to the same level of power and flexibility that
> currently exists in httpd 2.2 for authentication.  Hence being new
> functionality, there are bound to be bugs that need to be fixed,
> especially with backwards compatibility.  So let's get the bugs
> identified and fixed.

Could you have a look at making the test suite pass again, to that end?

I tried to port mod_authany (c-modules/authany/mod_authany.c) to the
trunk authz API, but to no avail.  The tests which fail are:

t/http11/basicauth..........# Failed test 2 in t/http11/basicauth.t at
line 24
FAILED test 2
	Failed 1/3 tests, 66.67% okay
t/security/CVE-2004-0811....# Failed test 1 in
t/security/CVE-2004-0811.t at line 14
# Failed test 2 in t/security/CVE-2004-0811.t at line 14 fail #2
# Failed test 3 in t/security/CVE-2004-0811.t at line 14 fail #3
# Failed test 4 in t/security/CVE-2004-0811.t at line 14 fail #4
FAILED tests 1-4

joe