httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazz...@bulix.org>
Subject Re: Upcoming changes in mod_mbox repository
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:50:38 GMT
Hi,

* Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazzoni@bulix.org> [2006-02-10 01:22:22]:

> Before releasing mod_mbox, we need the work done in the surgery branch
> back to trunk. So, unless there is any objections to it, here it what
> I'll do in the next few days :
>
>  - Move the scripts/ directory one level up, outside of the branches/
>    tags/ trunk/ directory shema. These scripts are not part of the
>    module's source code, they do not need to be under it's versionning
>    (they're not even include in releases anyways).
>  - Merge the surgery branch back to trunk
>  - Create a 0.2.1 tarball and call for a vote on releasing it.

Now that we punched each other in the face about automake, could we
please move on ? I still want to work on mod_mbox, but as I said
several times before I would really like to make a release before
continuing.

Expect for the automake problem, I already made the necessary changes
to the surgery branch to comply with justin's will (aka not having an
src/ directory and renaming data/ to docroot/).

I know there's things in there that need to be changed, updated,
enhanced and we won't be able to go anywhere if we keep arguing like
this. Yes, automake is not easy to use and maintain. Yes, we must
switch to the same build system than httpd, but is it really the
matter of this release ? I don't believe so.

Shall we move on ?

- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.