httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazz...@bulix.org>
Subject Re: Upcoming changes in mod_mbox repository
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 07:10:49 GMT
* Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> [2006-02-10 21:54:27]:

> On 2/10/06, Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazzoni@bulix.org> wrote:
> > It works, in a very simple and common way, and changing the build
> > system is not (yet) part of the showstoppers. Please keep in mind that
> > I want this release to be some kind of out-of-SoC release, not a
> > mod-mbox-has-become-the-killer-module one.
>
> To be clear, I've vetoed automake - no release can be done with an
> outstanding veto on a commit.  (If I knew how to kick out automake, I
> would.)

Okkaay. Please read again my paragraph. Now please read the STATUS
file. The current automake setup *works*, and migrating to the same
build system than httpd is planned. If you don't want any mod_mbox
release to go out until I find an fscking large piece of time to
understand of to get rid of automake -aka in a very, very long time-,
just say that, and I wont bother the list again.

> > > And, then you can toss the ludicrous src/ directory too.  All of the
> > > dirs under src/ should be in the top level.
> >
> > The src/ directory is not ludicrous. It goes in the directory
> > structure logic of splitting sources, includes and data.
>
> No.  There should not be a src directory.  Do you see one in httpd?

I guess it's here a fight of tastes. Anyway, since it's my call
against everybody else's, this will be done.

> Data is also very ambiguous and gives no hint about what's actually in
> that directory - docroot would probably be the best precendent httpd
> has to offer.  -- justin

+1 here, this directory was named quickly at the begining of the
summer and was never touched back. I'll change that.

- Sam
--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.