httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VIS <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject AW: proxy failover/load balance
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:43:27 GMT

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Robby Pedrica
Gesendet: Montag, 30. Januar 2006 09:27
Betreff: proxy failover/load balance

> wrt information provided by Mladen Turk, Jim Jagielski and Andreas Wieczorek:
>
> I'm having issues when using mod_proxy/mod_proxy_balancer and it appears these have been
alluded to on the dev mailing list:

> 1. apache 220 doesn't appear to use the status=d value for a balancer member when loading
( status=disabled doesn't work as apache complains about the

This seems to be a bug in set_worker_param of mod_proxy.c. It should exit the for loop once
it found a valid thing.

> syntax ); when starting with status=d, apache starts fine but balancer manager still
indicates that host you set as disabled in config is actually
> available

This seems to be a bug in init_balancer_members of mod_proxy_balancer.c which seems to overwrite
the status of the balancer members with
PROXY_WORKER_INITIALIZED.

> 2. when manually disabling a member in the balancer manager, it comes back online automatically
after about a minute or 2

What do you mean with online? Is it enabled again? If yes, this might be related to the bug
above as init_balancer_members is called
by child_init which runs in the child_init hook. So I think everytime httpd creates a new
child process this gets reseted.

Regards

Rüdiger