httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VIS <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject AW: mod_proxy_balancer: how to define failover (only)/hot standby behavior?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:00:34 GMT

[..cut..]

> A sort of "warm standby" is something that I had planned to
> work into the balancer code post 2.2.1.

+1

AFAIK local_worker_only mentioned below does not exist any longer
in recent versions of mod_jk, but the recent version of mod_jk
knows the concept of "disabled" workers which are just doing
a hot standby (in contrast to a stopped worker which does not
get any requests at all). Plus you can change this status via
the management application.
Maybe also an interesting concept for mod_proxy_balancer.

Regards

Rüdiger