httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_fcgi TODO list
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:57:12 GMT
On 1/15/06, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
>
> > Need a way to use a unix domain socket or a pipe instead of a TCP socket.
>
> Isn't this a filter problem?
>
> mod_proxy in theory should not care that the source is a socket beyond
> maybe knowing to insert the right filter into the stack.

Well, mod_proxy currently creates the socket itself via
apr_socket_create based on the host and port it's been given via
ProxyPass.  We're going to need a way to tell it to use a unix domain
socket located at a certain path, that's all I mean by that change.  I
have some patches hacked together to make it use the apr_portable.h
stuff to do it, it isn't that hard, it's really just a matter of
figuring out how it should be configured to do so.

-garrett