httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: fcgi
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:19:51 GMT
On 1/4/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
> >
> > On 1/4/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> >
> > > How are you testing? Let me see if I can recreate
> > > your test env here (or Paul's) so I can dig deeper.
> >
> > I tested those changes with a simple fastcgi app that just dumps 50 or
> > 60 bytes of content, then I manually messed with the size of the
> > buffers so that I could control how many times we'd have to read.=20
> > Paul tested with the Django tutorial application I believe, although
> > you'd have to ask him for more details on exactly how he was doing it.
> >

> Gotcha... I'll create some sort of test that ramps up the
> content, while monkeying with the buffers. We need to ensure
> that we skip over the padding data...

I'm pretty sure that the patch I posted that moves the plen read down
to the end of the FCGI_STDOUT case will fix it, since that codepath
will always be the last thing done for a FCGI_STDOUT record, but it's
clearly not as good as being able to grab the plen portion of the data
in the initial read, so if someone can make that work I'm all for it.

-garrett