httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r365376 - /httpd/httpd/branches/fcgi-proxy-dev/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_fcgi.c
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 04:08:41 GMT
On 1/2/06, jim@apache.org <jim@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: jim
> Date: Mon Jan  2 08:52:58 2006
> New Revision: 365376

> Log:
> Avoid magic numbers. Since we are reading the header, let's
> be explicit about it. Also removes the need to clean up
> the readbuf again, and any potential for confusion on
> what we are doing ;)

Um, doesn't this assume that there's no padding in the compiler's
layout of the struct?  Is that safe to do?  I've always been under the
impression that relying on such things is not portable.  If nothing
else we should probably have a compile time check that it's size == 8,
or something...

-garrett