httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "R, Rajesh (STSD)" <rajesh...@hp.com>
Subject RE: RLimitCPU is not working
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:30:03 GMT

Point taken.Thanks.
Is there any specific reason why setrlimit is disabled for mod_cgid ??

Rajesh R
--
This space intentionally left non-blank.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colm MacCarthaigh [mailto:colm@stdlib.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:35 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: RLimitCPU is not working

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 04:27:01PM +0530, R, Rajesh (STSD) wrote:
> I was using mod_cgid.
> Later I disabled it and couldn't execute cgi program without it.

The setrlimit calls have been commented out for mod_cgid for a long long time, so they don't
take effect. A simple workaround is to use the shell ulimit built-in to change the limits
in the init-script before httpd is executed. Standard Unix inheritance should take care of
it after that.

> In the directory /cgi-bin I gave "options ExecCGI" but I get the code
> being displayed every time I try to run the program from browser.
>
> Is there a way to run cgi without mod_cgid ??? Or does RLimitCPU work
> with mod_cgi ??

Using ulimit is probably your best option.