httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pedrica <>
Subject proxy failover/load balance
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:26:31 GMT
Mladen Turk, Jim Jagielski and Andreas Wieczorek:<br>
I'm having issues when using mod_proxy/mod_proxy_balancer and it
appears these have been alluded to on the dev mailing list:<br>
1. apache 220 doesn't appear to use the status=d value for a balancer
member when loading ( status=disabled doesn't work as apache complains
about the syntax ); when starting with status=d, apache starts fine but
balancer manager still indicates that host you set as disabled in
config is actually available<br>
2. when manually disabling a member in the balancer manager, it comes
back online automatically after about a minute or 2<br>
3. I've tried sticky session id ( CSPSESSIONID / CSPCHD ), redirect
with status=d and redirect with route but in all cases, url requests
are load balanced between the 2 backend hosts. I actually want sessions
to either stay on one host ( dynamic data to a backend intersystems
cache server ) or have one host disabled while the other serves ...<br>
Any help would be appreciated.<br>
Robby Pedrica<br>

View raw message