httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Edge-Side Includes Anyone?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:21:34 GMT
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> Sorry this is somewhat OT, I'm looking for people who have dealt
> with/would like to share experience/discuss Edge Architecture and Edge
> Side Includes (www.esi.org). I've done some experimenting with over the
> last week and to me the approach appears rational and reasonable, and I
> see mod_cache folks have it on their wish list, but I'd really
> appreciate some input based real world experience with EA.
>
> Thanks in advance, and if you know of a good mailing list for this,
> please point me to it (I couldn't find one).
>
> Grisha

Try teaching mod_include about esi tags. I played around with this a few years back and made
quick progress.
The folks who asked me to try this (as part of my day job) were rather horrified, I think,
at how easy it was
to get a working prototype that demonstrated interesting features. Performance was not great.
mod_cache can
(or could at one time in the past) cache fragments.  It's an interesting project, but not
one I can invest
time in. Good luck.

Bill