httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_balancer: how to define failover (only)/hot standby
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:18:48 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> Actually, dev@httpd.apache.org is best, since that is where
>>> the development of this module is being done. I have changed
>>> the email headers accordingly.
>>>
>>> A sort of "warm standby" is something that I had planned to
>>> work into the balancer code post 2.2.1.
>>>
>> Like said earlier.
>>
>> Hot standby already works with mod_proxy balancer.
>> The 'hot standby' BalancerMember must be initially 'disabled'.
>> Other members must have 'redirect' option set to the name of
>> 'hot standby' member.
>>

> As I understand it, this is ajp specific though, isn't
> it (it's been awhile since I look at that section - iirc
> it's tied into session support)

No. It works with any protocol.

<Proxy balancer://mycluster>
   BalancerMember ajp://hotstandby status=disabled
   BalancerMember ajp://node1 redirect=hotstandby
   BalancerMember ajp://node2 redirect=hotstandby
   BalancerMember ajp://nodeN redirect=hotstandby
</Proxy>

The only problem is that it's not documented ;)

Regards,
Mladen.