httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <bnicho...@novell.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r370856 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/ldap/util_ldap.c
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 03:52:26 GMT
rpluem@apache.org wrote:

> On 01/20/2006 05:53 PM, bnicholes@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: bnicholes
>
> [..cut..]
>

>> +        /* always default to LDAP V3 */
>> +        ldap_set_option(ldc->ldap, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, &version);
>> +
>>          /* set client certificates */
>>          if (!apr_is_empty_array(ldc->client_certs)) {
>>              apr_ldap_set_option(ldc->pool, ldc->ldap, APR_LDAP_OPT_TLS_CERT,
>
> Just curious. Any particular reason why we sometimes use ldap_set_option and
> sometimes
> apr_ldap_set_option in util_ldap.c?
>
> Regards
>
> RĂ¼dige

No real good reason other than the calls to ldap_set_option() predate the existence of apr_ldap_set_option()
and were never converted.  The reason why apr_ldap_set_option() was created was to abstract
the differences in the way that starting TLS/SSL happened for each LDAP SDK.  Since ldap options
such as LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION were common among all of the SDKs, there was just no compelling
reason to convert the existing call.

Brad