httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: event MPM status in 2.2
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:41:58 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> The event MPM is listed in the "new features" document for 2.2, which
> rather implies that it should work and is to some degree supported; yet
> configure will issue the doom and gloom messages about the code being
> incomplete and that nobody should use it except developers wishing to
> improve it.  (since it's in server/mpm/experimental still)
>
> So... which is it?

Well, the primary reason it is still in experimental, from my
perspective, is the lack of mod_ssl/HTTPS support.  If we could get that
fixed, I would be +1 for making it non-experimental.

If you use it for non-SSL connections, it works great, and we shouldn't
be spreading much gloom or doom messages about that.

So, maybe we should change the configure script for 2.2.1?

-Paul