httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any concerns with 2.2.1 by the weekend?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:13:16 GMT

On 01/12/2006 09:57 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I'm offering to RM this package late friday or sometime Saturday if there's
> no serious objection.  Fixing or not fixing partial page results is
> obviously
> not a regression, although I'm happy to wait an extra couple days if the
> fix
> has been agreed upon, committed and is only undergoing some extra
> bashing-upon.

I think the following thing from the backport list must be solved in 2.2.1
(maybe with different patch if the one proposed is not ok):

- mod_cache: Fix PR38017 (mod_cache not working in reverse proxy setup?)
  This is a regression against 2.0.x and makes it impossible to use mod_cache
  on reverse proxies. I just added this to the showstopper section of the
  STATUS file.

The following from backport list should be fixed:

- mod_ssl: Fix PR37791 (CVEID: CAN-2005-3357) (SEGV if the client is
                        connection plain to a SSL enabled port)
  Although minor, it is a security issue and should be fixed plus it only misses one vote.

- The partial pages issue. Although improvements could be made to the current patch
  I think it solves the actual problem suitable. Improvements could be done later.

Anyway I think at least PR38017 and PR37791 can be sorted out very quickly.

Apart from the points above I am fine with releasing 2.2.1.
Thanks for volunteering as RM Bill.

Regards

RĂ¼diger