httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2.0 on Win32
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:55:32 GMT
Fenlason, Josh wrote:
> Here is the path that requires msjava.dll:
> Httpd.exe->libapr-1.dll->advapi32.dll->winsta.dll->netapi32.dll->dnsapi.
> dll->iphlpapi.dll->mprapi.dll->activeds.dll->adsldpc.dll->credui.dll->sh
> ell32.dll->shdocvw.dll->mshtml.dll->msjava.dll

When you see something nested from MS itself, it's safe to assume;

  * the dependency is dynamic, and won't trigger a fault if not present

or

  * the dependency is based on that OS's version of libname.dll, and the
    dependency is not present on another version's.

MS "owns" this dependency; it's not your problem (nor ours).

> I tried building from the command line with nmake like you suggested,
> but the build failed with the following error:
>
> 	NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
> '"..\apr\Release\libapr-1.lib"'
> 	Stop.

That's very odd; I'll research.