httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Windows x64 binaries
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:24:49 GMT
Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
> There aren't any x64 binaries yet...

Nope, although both you and I and a few others have experimented with
building these.

> I'de be willing to create them if needed.
> But what is nececary for the msi installer?

The current installer is written in InstallShield 10 (readable in later
versions of InstallShield).  There is a repository for the installers,
and I need to check in all of the revisions for the 2.2 flavor.  See

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/win32-msi/trunk/

But your stated question; 'what is necessary' is well beyond my current
knowledge of the msi packaging.  I've only recently started to determine
how to install one of libapr-1.dll compiled for any win32 v.s. libapr-1.dll
compiled specifically for winnt flavor OS's (saving a ton of simple 'Is OS
version NT?' and 'Is FS Unicode?' redundant tests.)  There's obviously alot
more magic to determine x686 vs x586.

Bill