httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rüdiger Plüm <r.pl...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: c->aborted is not set correctly on trunk
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 20:35:00 GMT

On 01/05/2006 05:24 PM, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 08:14:58AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
>>I do note that the 2.0 code says:
>>
>>            /* The client has aborted, but the request was successful. We
>>             * will report success, and leave it to the access and error
>>             * logs to note that the connection was aborted.
>>             */
>>            return APR_SUCCESS;

This comment is also in 2.2.x. I thought that it was there for good reason,
so I implemented this behaviour again in the patch.

>>I'm just not sure I agree with that.  -- justin
>

> Yes, that little "feature" is a great source of module bugs so it would
> be great to remove it.
>
> The problem it works around is really the fact that the default_handler
> does the bogus trick of returning:
>
>         return ap_pass_brigade(r->output_filters, bb);

So I understand that we have two problems here:

1. A non working setting of c->aborted, which should be fixed by the new version
   of the patch, which leaves the return codes as they are. I will commit it
   soon.

2. The behaviour of at least the default_handler to possibly return an APR
   error code if a filter returns non-APR_SUCCESS.

Regards

Rüdiger