httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r360461 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES include/ap_mmn.h include/httpd.h server/protocol.c
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 06:11:40 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Alternatively, rewrite the server to remove all MPMs other than
> event and then show that the new server is better than our existing
> server, and we can adopt that for 3.0.

Well that's a bit silly, leave the others for those who must have an entirely
non-threaded server or other options; but prove that event is more performant
and quite stable for all platforms, if they would only take the time to use
threaded-compatible 3rd party modules, then make event the default 3.0 mpm...

Now that's a metric I'll buy.

Bill