httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: A Bloat of Libraries
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 06:09:02 GMT
Brian Akins wrote:
> Nick Kew wrote:
>
>> Amongst modules, we should apply the same principle: e.g.
>> with mod_deflate and zlib.
>

> Or why not just have mod_deflate link against zlib and not have httpd do
> it.  SSL seems to be the worst culprit. httpd gets linked against tons
> of stuff so that I cannot copy the binary to a non-ssl enabled host.

That's what I do, I'll submit a patch shortly.  Similarly with other .so's,
my httpd 2.0 build links the ldap provider to mod_ldap/mod_auth_ldap, by
querying apr-util (which my 0.9 flavor splits the ldflags between core, and
added dependencies against ldap).  My issue, none of this works anymore in 2.2
because libaprutil.so now needs to bind directly to libldap/liblber :(

Bill