httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <>
Subject Re: Edge-Side Includes Anyone?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:50:58 GMT
On Friday 27 January 2006 16:24, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
> Sorry this is somewhat OT, I'm looking for people who have dealt
> with/would like to share experience/discuss Edge Architecture and Edge
> Side Includes ( I've done some experimenting with over the
> last week and to me the approach appears rational and reasonable, and I
> see mod_cache folks have it on their wish list, but I'd really appreciate
> some input based real world experience with EA.

FWIW, I implemented a parser for it, but without the cacheing, back in 2003.
That was with an early predecessor to mod_xmlns.  I haven't bothered to
maintain it, because I never encountered sufficient interest to seem

I'm not really convinced of its value.  Unless you have a specific need for
the standard, mod_publisher offers equivalent capabilities and a good
deal more.

Nick Kew

View raw message