httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazz...@bulix.org>
Subject Re: mod_mbox helper scripts and programs
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:02:12 GMT
* Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> [2006-01-10 09:56:56]:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 06:43:53PM +0100, Maxime Petazzoni wrote:
> > If one is able to build mod_mbox and make Apache use it, he is also
> > able to setup his archives as described in the online documentation.
>
> What documentation?  The mod_mbox pages on our website don't give any
> information on how to feed it with rsync.

Yeah, because the ASF is probably the only entity using mod_mbox for
his *own* archives, which are retreived via Rsync.

This is NOT the case of everybody. Just a few days ago, I received an
email from someone who set up mod_mbox succesfully from his
month-splitted mbox files. Do you see any rsync in there ?

Btw, you are making the same confusion with the scripts : they are for
ASF purposes only, or even for your purposes. Yeah, that's your
account name on the top of all of them.

> An example included in the tarball is worth a lot more than info on a
> website.  Also, bundling those docs from the website in the tarball would
> be a help too.  -- justin

+1 here. We should copy the mod_mbox/ directory from the website
before creating the tarball.

- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.