httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <>
Subject Re: mod_mbox helper scripts and programs
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:44:51 GMT
On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:22:18AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> I think they do belong and should be included in a release.  Namely, I
> don't buy Roy's arguments against including them.  The potential benefit to
> understanding how mod_mbox works outweighs the slight cost of including
> some small scripts.  If anyone ever bothers to rewrite them, more power to
> them.  However, not including *any* documentation or examples in the
> tarball seems much worse than excluding these scripts.
Agreed - they should at least be kept until there's a usable
replacement either in the form of good docs or scripts rewritten to
something slightly more commonly used than zsh.
If "someone" were to contemplate making a general version of those
scripts - what would have a reasonable chance of getting accepted? perl?
ksh? C?

Mads Toftum