httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: c->aborted is not set correctly on trunk
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:24:10 GMT
On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 08:14:58AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> I do note that the 2.0 code says:
>
>             /* The client has aborted, but the request was successful. We
>              * will report success, and leave it to the access and error
>              * logs to note that the connection was aborted.
>              */
>             return APR_SUCCESS;
>
> I'm just not sure I agree with that.  -- justin

Yes, that little "feature" is a great source of module bugs so it would
be great to remove it.

The problem it works around is really the fact that the default_handler
does the bogus trick of returning:

        return ap_pass_brigade(r->output_filters, bb);

which means that you get an APR error code logged as the request status
code if a filter returns non-APR_SUCCESS.

joe