httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <>
Subject Re: RLimitCPU is not working
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:05:22 GMT
On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 04:27:01PM +0530, R, Rajesh (STSD) wrote:
> I was using mod_cgid.
> Later I disabled it and couldn't execute cgi program without it.

The setrlimit calls have been commented out for mod_cgid for a long long
time, so they don't take effect. A simple workaround is to use the shell
ulimit built-in to change the limits in the init-script before httpd is
executed. Standard Unix inheritance should take care of it after that.

> In the directory /cgi-bin I gave "options ExecCGI" but I get the code
> being displayed every time I try to run the program from browser.
> Is there a way to run cgi without mod_cgid ??? Or does RLimitCPU work
> with mod_cgi ??

Using ulimit is probably your best option.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key:

View raw message