httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sanganakal.K...@flextronicssoftware.com
Subject Re: Code update to handle apache dynamic configuration updates to httpd.conf.
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 05:37:46 GMT

Yes I do understand the issues. But the project requires this to be done.
You said "There are also issues with loading SSLCerts without a full
restart...."

Do you mean there is a way to load SSLCerts without a restart?
Pls let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
Prathama.

             Paul Querna
             <chip@force-elite
                                       dev@httpd.apache.org
             12/21/2005 10:58                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Code update to handle apache
             Please respond to         dynamic configuration updates to
             dev@httpd.apache.         httpd.conf.
                    org

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> My requirement is adding/configuring ssl virtual hosts dynamically to
>> apache web server at runtime without apache restart.
> why not just do a graceful restart.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/stopping.html#graceful

Its actually quite slow if you have lots of vhosts, and change them often.

There are also issues with loading SSLCerts without a full restart....

-Paul

***********************  FSS-Unclassified   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."