httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Behrens" <matthias.behr...@gulp.de>
Subject RE: What do you want in HTTPD 2.4/3.0/X/GREEN?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 10:59:45 GMT
hi

we are using apache 2.0.55 win32 for loadbalancing with mod_proxy /
mod_rewrite

i understand there is a much easier way now with 2.2 which provides
loadbalancing depending on throughput or requestcount

thats a pretty good feature but something that would really kick ass would
be if the proxy would know the cpu-load of every balanceserver

is it possible you could hand the cpuload throu an extra header and restore
it to zere if <timeout> secounds without requests

that would be awsome. we now use an extra software to scedule between
servers

a first step that would be very cool also would be if i could cofigure a
server to be used for n% of all requests and change this % while runtime. so
if a server is running wild cause of a script that is using 100% cpu for
endless (which happens pretty often here) i could lower his loadbalancing %
to 1% so he would not get to much requests.

thx

matthias behrens
www.gulp.de

greetings from germany