httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VIS <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 mod_http_proxy and "partial" pages
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:28:09 GMT

[..cut..]

> Even with an EOS bucket, how will we indicate that the
> connection should be aborted?  (i.e. don't try to do any
> further writes?)
>
> (See below as to why an EOS doesn't do anything.)
>
> > >If you have another idea how to specify via the handler that the
> > >connection
> > >needs to be dropped, I'm all ears.  But, I couldn't see one.  --
> > >justin
> >
> > I would extend the EOS bucket data to be an errno and then have
> > mod_cache check for that data != 0 when it does its EOS check.
>
> For httpd's filters, an EOS bucket data doesn't attempt a close of the
> stream: in fact, EOS doesn't do anything to the socket.  By
> the time we start writing the body, all of the filters that

Sorry for possibly getting back to a dead horse, but what if we set
c->keepalive to AP_CONN_CLOSE and sent an EOS bucket?
Of course currently this would only cause the connection to the client to be closed.
For the notification of the filters on the stack that something has gone
wrong we need additional measures as the error code addition to the
EOS bucket.

[..cut..]

Regards

Rüdiger