httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Fenlason, Josh" <jfenla...@ptc.com>
Subject RE: Apache Build Problem
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:52:28 GMT
Resending since this doesn't seem to have gone through the first time.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Fenlason, Josh
	Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 12:50 PM
	To: Apache Dev (dev@httpd.apache.org)
	Subject: Apache Build Problem

	I'm trying to build Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 9.  It builds fine,
but I'm getting a dependency on libiconv.so.2.  This build will be
distributed to customers who won't have libiconv on they're system.
Would anyone be able to tell me how to configure Apache so that it
doesn't try to include iconv when linking?  Or to statically link it in?
Adding "--without-iconv" to the configure didn't work.
	Here's my build tools:
	gcc 3.3.2 (required iconv so I don't think I can remove it from
my system.)
	gnu make 3.79

	Thanks in advance.
	,