httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: execd: fcgi, per-child, cgid and maybe suexec
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:29:23 GMT
Just this last one, and then that's it until mid-next-week :)

On Dec 29, 2005, at 5:47 PM, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> [1] and [3] on their own are simply enough, [2] is the crazy part.
> Does any of this make any sense?

This all makes a lot of sense to me, in fact #2 kind of aligns
with something I was thinking about regarding how to
fit per-child into the proxy balancer stuff. In fact,
I think that having proxy balancer be the front
end to mod_execd allows for a lot of scaling
and control, but I haven't gone any further than
just thinking about it conceptually (something like
defining a worker execd://foo.com/process).

Yeah, we'll need something like apr_pass_fd/apr_grab_fd.

This reminds me: I know that the GSoC effort for perchild didn't
work out, but was *anything* done? I heard something about a
design framework being produced?