httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: AW: 2.2 mod_http_proxy and "partial" pages
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:16:42 GMT
On Dec 7, 2005, at 8:44 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VIS wrote:
>> Nope, that's the flag we set when we want the core to drop
>> the connection. I thought that it would be set by the filters
>> when a connection was dropped, but, as I said earlier in this
>> thread, I'm wrong.  The filters will never ever set it.  -- justin
>
> Ok. Then I withdraw my objections against the setting of c->aborted.
> I just understood its purpose wrong. Thanks for clarification.

No, you understood its purpose correctly.  I have no idea what Justin
is talking about -- maybe the proxy's connection to the outbound server?
c->aborted is only set on the inbound connection when a previous write
to that connection has failed.

Setting the inbound c->aborted within a filter just to indicate
that the outbound connection has died is wrong -- it prevents
other parts of the server (that are working fine) from correctly
handling the bad gateway response.

-1 VETO

Find another solution before the next release.  I have no objection
to such a workaround as a patch, but we don't introduce new spaghetti
code just to fix a trivial problem.

....Roy